The Pillow Book


Inspired by Sei Shonagon on the 23rd of July 2001.
/ Things that please me / Things that displease me / Things that attract me /
This is my Pillow Book.

Wednesday 4 June 2003

Recipe - Soap

Soap V - Sorta a traditional and blender soap combination
The fats are expensive, but milk allows for about 12 bars, vs. only 6 bars of the same recipe without milk. Pretty sneaky, huh?
- 8 oz weight cocoa butter
- 5 oz weight palm oil
- 3 oz weight castor oil
- 2.2 oz weight lye (sodium hydroxide)
- 1 cup cold milk (I used 2% right from the frig)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon essential oil (I added 2 chamomile tea bags and 2 jasmine tea bags, dry)
Fats: 100 degree range
Lye/water/milk combination: 125 degree range
Add the lye/milk/water mixture to the fats and stir about 5 minutes. Add the fragrant oil and put the soap mixture into a blender. Process about 30 seconds, or until the mixture looks smooth and a uniform color. It will not trace. Pour it into the molds (it won't separate, trust me)