The Pillow Book


Inspired by Sei Shonagon on the 23rd of July 2001.
/ Things that please me / Things that displease me / Things that attract me /
This is my Pillow Book.

Sunday 11 August 2002

Bath BOMBS!

Get a bottle of good quality witch hazel (skip the terrible stuff in the drug store) and a "good" quality adjustable fine spritzing bottle. The
recipe is really simple.

1 part citric acid
3 parts baking soda
Witch hazel
EO/FO
Any natural colorings...food coloring is good too.

Any herbs, dried flowers, etc you want to use (about 1/2 a tsp for a small batch, 1 tsp for a larger batch. Less is more.
A decent sized fork for mixing...I use my hands.
A teaspoon for packing the molds... I use my hands here also.

Weigh out your baking soda and citric acid in the ratios above. Dump them together in a bucket, large bowl, whatever. Get all the lumps out with a fork or spoon (crushing). Add your dry colorings (clays, leaves, herbs, roots, flowers etc in small amounts) Add your EO/FO drop by drop till you get the strength of scent you want. Mix well...I put mine in large plastic zip lock bag to mix then pour in a bowl for spritzing.......Mist the mixture with the witch hazel, stir in well. Keep misting and mixing till you get a consistency that will stick together in your hand. It doesn't take much witch hazel, so be careful... When right consistency, press mixture into molds firmly, pack it down good... turn over on hard flat surface if it stays together without breaking you have it right...if it breaks put back in bowl and spritz a LITTLE more....then pack in mold again and turn over after a while you will get the feel for this...let dry several hours and package......I did get this recipe off the
lists and heavily snipped it for my own use not expecting to give it out so don't know who to thank for it...BUT after ruining many ingredients and having bombs get funky with growths must say this is an excellent recipe and seems to really hold up for long time I have some that are 6 months old and still going strong...I package mine in small plastic containers...and make them about 6oz or close to it sell at 5oz for 3.00 better to be overweight then under....

No comments:

Post a Comment